Osho Quotes on Sannyas

Osho Quotes on Sannyas
, ~7 T, y  t* p: Zaoxiu.comOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation2 l9 h/ i# T( v
Sannyas simply means a quantum leap into the unknown. The mind lives in the   known; it moves within the known. It goes in circles, round and round; it is repetitive. It cannot enter into any communion with the new, with the unknown, with the unknowable. Sannyas is a jump. It is like a snake slipping out of its old skin. You must be getting tired of your old skin, you must be dragging it. And you must be seeing people here rejoicing in their new birth. And the longing must be arising in you too:
0 a0 B" }- b9 T2 qOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationwhy not take the jump?
9 x. U( V8 M/ ]' V8 R7 X2 k2 {奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)-Osho
& m* j/ q. B3 ^' y! QOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationTao: The Golden Gate, Vol 1
3 O; j/ e  g# i4 w, u- ]' g$ Zaoxiu.comInitiation into sannyas means that you are breaking away from your past: whatsoever it was -- communist, Catholic, Hindu, Mohammedan -- you are breaking away from your past. You are closing your past completely and starting afresh. This is a resurrection -- a death and a resurrection: the death of the past and the resurrection of something absolutely new, so absolutely new that it has nothing to do with the past; it is discontinuous with the past.aoxiu.com. `( l1 D0 I* f) X. T$ _
-Osho( {* I  @3 a& k  t
Zen: Zest, Zip, Zap and Zing' @6 S( G6 T+ m! I. Z' g. k
Sannyas means entering into a new world, the world of the no-ego. The ordinary world is the world of egos. The ordinary world is nothing but an ego trip. Sannyas is falling out of those trips, dropping out of those trips and, rather than looking outwards, turning in. That is the only way to know who you really are.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation& x  ]! e8 O; e+ `% j) x+ j
-Osho奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)* X& T  G" g* M3 g: n
Darshan Diaries
$ C7 b- w" R, s) k奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)Don';t Let Yourself Be Upset by the Sutra, rather Upset the Sutra YourselfOsho) S# F/ ~! G9 U  w  B
We have to start a new human being. A totally new vision of life has to begin: the life of surrender, the life of let-go. Be in tune with nature; there is no need to fight. Be in tune with other people; there is no need to be ambitious. And be in absolute tune with yourself. Don';t divide yourself, don';t'; become schizophrenic; remain one, integrated, individual. And that';s what sannyas is all about: a different lifestyle the lifestyle of let-go.
& q5 ]8 g+ D9 ?0 W' pOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation-OshoOsho3 f6 W: I' ?& J% F. w* G& F1 j( m
Darshan Diaries
, x3 p1 r0 s  f4 \4 pOshoDon';t Let Yourself Be Upset by the Sutra, rather Upset the Sutra Yourself
. u* q1 P" A# yaoxiu.comSannyas is basically a rebellion about all structures, hence the difficulty
7 i+ H; M/ i' E+ P! ato define. Sannyas is a way of living life unstructuredly. Sannyas is toOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation7 y( `0 g% f2 G, O4 I- C
have a character which is characterless. By ';characterless'; I mean you don';t
: W3 n3 ?  a. Z* zdepend anymore on the past. Character means the past, the way you have lived( L5 G' n6 w5 [& P. O7 Z
in the past, the way you have become habituated to living -- all your habits
" {) Q1 ]: i& N# W& S奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)and conditionings and beliefs and your experiences -- that';s what your
/ y' ^; n% |: k# D8 s" i9 F" {奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)character is. A sannyasin is one who no longer lives in the past or throughOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation( e1 i. }* X2 I5 y7 l
the past; who lives in the moment, hence, is unpredictable.aoxiu.com0 {: J, s+ `! [# ^$ |# m
A man of character is predictable; a sannyasin is unpredictable because a
% e( D. ?; O7 Gsannyasin is freedom. A sannyasin is not only free, he is freedom. It is
4 y- l! \* T3 O2 G- Y9 HOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationliving rebellion. But still, I will try: a few hints can be given, not exactOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation& J. C; b; `0 u6 V# [$ ^# A2 Y
definitions, a few indications, fingers pointing to the moon. Don';t get奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)' R: {# a4 \! O5 h( _/ d% U
caught with the fingers. The fingers don';t define the moon, they only
% a! b+ i7 J& S" COsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationindicate. The fingers have nothing to do with the moon. They may be long,Osho- Q# t  m* `1 Y) m
they may be short, they may be artistic, they may be ugly, they may be
8 i- n' z- W6 F  VOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationwhite, they may be black, they may be healthy, they may be ill -- thatOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation; c: \; X* ?! c
doesn';t matter. They simply indicate. Forget the finger and look at the9 H3 O" o+ |; m$ _3 w
moon.aoxiu.com# B% N# ~$ d& p( S
What I am going to give is not a definition; that is not possible in this
4 {7 T) s4 z" V- K4 FOshocase. And, in fact, definition is never possible about anything that is
4 }% i0 _- S/ b1 @* D+ ?alive. Definition is possible only about something which is dead, which
7 @0 P# ]; E3 b! P* |奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)grows no more, which blooms no more, which has no more possibility,奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)3 }9 h7 ?8 u, [6 |  D
potentiality, which is exhausted and spent. Then definition is possible. You! |, B, [) \1 \# `0 I
can define a dead man, you cannot define an alive man.aoxiu.com; J3 q- z; s$ v8 I# v/ U
Life basically means that the new is still possible.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation. x" T6 i  Y' T  g5 Z! }  y
So these are not definitions. The old sannyasin has a definition, very
! Z: i; L* @3 \5 J+ F; z9 ^( i& Q' VOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationclearcut; that';s why he is dead. I call my sannyas ';neo-sannyas'; for this奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)& d9 i. w/ Q! r$ D+ f+ w- A, ~' u2 b
particular reason: my sannyas is an opening, a journey, a dance, a love
8 b: z0 Z" e) l  uOshoaffair with the unknown, a romance with existence itself, in search of an
  p& ^4 C( G- x3 yaoxiu.comorgasmic relationship with the whole. And everything else has failed in theaoxiu.com- X" D& Y7 j" ^6 s+ s$ |
world. Everything that was defined, that was clearcut, that was logical, has
+ r! s+ w' S/ v+ W7 w2 \- Kfailed. Religions have failed, politics have failed, ideologies haveOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation/ o, i4 L' P8 }8 ^% d4 T
failed -- and they were very clearcut. They were blueprints for the futureaoxiu.com' K! A# l  R9 n8 Q; W
of man. They have all failed. All programs have failed.
# V  Y  C  D" a! R! BOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationSannyas is not a program anymore. It is exploration, not a program. When you
- y  `4 m: |7 O% ^/ R: G* {, iOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationbecome a sannyasin I initiate you into freedom, and into nothing else. It is
5 `) U  R9 {) h$ U( n8 ^3 v. e: mOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationgreat responsibility to be free, because then you have nothing to lean upon.
+ k/ i% B% Q1 H* u- L9 M- N! o+ x9 fExcept your own inner being, your own consciousness, you have nothing as a
  Y) u+ g+ F& c- t3 ]) M奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)prop, as a support. I take all your props and supports away; I leave youOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation, f* f0 H6 i$ X" z, T* X0 i- c
alone, I leave you utterly alone. In that aloneness... the flower of% A1 t; d# p& S8 S
sannyas. That aloneness blooms on its own accord into the flower of sannyas.
) @$ }4 A- d) m! DOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationSannyas is characterlessness. It has no morality; it is not immoral, it is
- ]2 O+ [" r: y: o奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)amoral. Or, it has a higher morality that never comes from the outside but: [; E) {3 P% R- q3 @# L
comes from within. It does not allow any imposition from the outside,aoxiu.com; p$ ]; w+ ]! M7 y
because all impositions from the outside convert you into serfs, into
$ [7 J3 g1 J" f1 r5 X1 ?( \Oshoslaves. And my effort is to give you dignity, glory. My effort here is toOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation" f% K( H4 _$ Q: E+ T% C
give you splendor.
1 l: e5 ~0 F; M5 uAll other efforts have failed. It was inevitable, because the failure was奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)& f" S2 b& m9 ~: z0 b
built-in. They were all structure-oriented, and every kind of structureOsho$ W$ O5 `. m/ w6 \  Q2 |( o
becomes heavy on the heart of man, sooner or later. Every structure becomes
  E0 x! m0 K- ]Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationa prison, and one day or other you have to rebel against it. Have you notOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation+ V- S4 r& I3 }) F1 j, ]$ C; m
observed it down through history? -- each revolution in its own turn becomes
+ M+ T2 j$ @9 R% Y. l3 c6 ^Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationrepressive. In Russia it happened, in China it happened. After every
  @- o0 w. t' p4 A# c  c+ |5 P0 k1 \1 YOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationrevolution, the revolutionary becomes antirevolutionary. Once he comes intoOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation) Y% }7 {/ d/ g
power he has his own structure to impose upon the society. And once he
% d0 g0 {9 O& H" }( j3 f. ]Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationstarts imposing his structure, slavery changes into a new kind of slavery,. d6 G+ C% n7 `6 @  z, g: x
but never into freedom. All revolutions have failed.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation. b; u; B+ I) H  c. N
This is not revolution, this is rebellion. Revolution is social, collective;Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation3 j. l2 T" [7 X, B( }6 M
rebellion is individual. We are not interested in giving any structure toOsho' O3 ~1 V) y* A( u3 F7 |9 O9 Z
the society. Enough of the structures! Let all structures go. We want
! H9 }# z2 g$ h+ H9 aOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationindividuals in the world -- moving freely, moving consciously, of course.
2 T- A' g: p+ R$ BAnd their responsibility comes through their own consciousness. They behave
1 B' m6 l2 b* COshorightly not because they are trying to follow certain commandments; they
) a' L* I. Q! }& H! ?  n: ZOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationbehave rightly, they behave accurately, because they care.
" C5 z% Z; m! c* g4 A' H' m, L  t- dOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationDo you know, this word accurate comes from care. The word accurate in its
$ t* Q7 Q" Q# T2 l% droot means to care about. When you care about something you are accurate. Ifaoxiu.com' o0 a: \3 ~- v; T, P6 S/ i
you care about somebody, you are accurate in your relationhip.
' _' r+ I  v+ K- ]OshoA sannyasin is one who cares about himself, and naturally cares about
; U3 M: Z, V' [4 Reverybody else -- because you cannot be happy alone. You can only be happyaoxiu.com/ Z% `- @0 W( s; i4 N
in a happy world, in a happy climate. If everybody is crying and weeping and1 ~* U) L3 C9 K
is in misery, it is very, very difficult for you to be happy. So one who/ ?! h5 W9 u  Q  U) }
cares about happiness -- about his own happiness -- becomes careful about
% O9 C& l, E3 H& ~aoxiu.comeverybody else';s happiness, because happiness happens only in a happyOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation& J: q& Y+ @! {
climate. But this care is not because of any dogma. It is there because youOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation( P. C) y- E* t# k$ ~, \  Z  r
love, and the first love, naturally, is the love for yourself. Then otherOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation( k7 t5 l5 U: ~
loves follow.
5 H& t, z. O  W8 i' g  J! {2 ]Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationOther efforts have failed because they were mind-oriented. They were based奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)) `# O: t- T' J; O+ K' o# K' R/ Q
in the thinking process, they were conclusions of the mind. Sannyas is not aOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation9 F" g- Y6 w9 O# S
conclusion of the mind. Sannyas is not thought-oriented; it has no roots in
# m% i3 f9 S1 w' T* M% M; }. w% ]  uOshothinking. Sannyas is insightfulness; it is meditation, not mind. It is
7 D5 Y% m) H  i% q5 A. h9 R9 C4 rOshorooted in joy, not in thought. It is rooted in celebration, not in thinking.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation& X2 {: u# [! A6 }
It is rooted in that awareness where thoughts are not found. It is not aOsho6 o, J) u1 b; _' f: c- H, m# H
choice: it is not a choice between two thoughts, it is the dropping of allaoxiu.com6 e. f8 r$ A# |# w$ o8 @
thoughts. It is living out of nothingness.奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)' g1 S5 m& k# g" D4 x, g& d! n! N
The Heart Sutra
& A1 {; D- `' d' S( E; QOsho#10, Sannyas: Entering the StreamOsho9 p' P/ K  C. n& B
Q-1Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation+ i/ [. p' w" c6 G6 e! M( [

Osho Quotes on Sannyas

Sannyas simply means a quantum leap into the unknown. The mind lives in the   known; it moves within the known. It goes in circles, round and round; it is repetitive. It cannot enter into any communion with the new, with the unknown, with the unknowable. Sannyas is a jump. It is like a snake slipping out of its old skin. You must be getting tired of your old skin, you must be dragging it. And you must be seeing people here rejoicing in their new birth. And the longing must be arising in you too:
; x$ k9 C: [$ X3 m2 Wwhy not take the jump?
- H" x$ d9 b. n# U& F: nOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation-Osho
' v/ @# z$ t# Eaoxiu.comTao: The Golden Gate, Vol 1Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation8 j2 V1 b& G) f5 r" o
Initiation into sannyas means that you are breaking away from your past: whatsoever it was -- communist, Catholic, Hindu, Mohammedan -- you are breaking away from your past. You are closing your past completely and starting afresh. This is a resurrection -- a death and a resurrection: the death of the past and the resurrection of something absolutely new, so absolutely new that it has nothing to do with the past; it is discontinuous with the past.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation7 y. l4 E! d2 P. V& L* ?, l
-Oshoaoxiu.com4 c7 L! s2 Q  [/ W  N4 ~# n
Zen: Zest, Zip, Zap and Zing奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)" z! V4 Y1 P$ x3 s! I4 {
Sannyas means entering into a new world, the world of the no-ego. The ordinary world is the world of egos. The ordinary world is nothing but an ego trip. Sannyas is falling out of those trips, dropping out of those trips and, rather than looking outwards, turning in. That is the only way to know who you really are.
4 ^9 Z- y8 |$ B$ H, c/ T: Qaoxiu.com-OshoOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation/ U" N3 |  A/ R7 }: F) p
Darshan Diaries
, g$ p- F% I5 A8 r+ fOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationDon';t Let Yourself Be Upset by the Sutra, rather Upset the Sutra Yourself
2 b& N+ w# t/ O8 I; v+ VOshoWe have to start a new human being. A totally new vision of life has to begin: the life of surrender, the life of let-go. Be in tune with nature; there is no need to fight. Be in tune with other people; there is no need to be ambitious. And be in absolute tune with yourself. Don';t divide yourself, don';t'; become schizophrenic; remain one, integrated, individual. And that';s what sannyas is all about: a different lifestyle the lifestyle of let-go.
: {) p! W. v5 Laoxiu.com-Osho
' D' _' o" t2 q  P9 f7 [; dDarshan DiariesOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation8 H) L8 y# e6 z, h* ^' Z% f
Don';t Let Yourself Be Upset by the Sutra, rather Upset the Sutra Yourself
4 W: B( ]* l' l6 l/ }7 GOshoSannyas is basically a rebellion about all structures, hence the difficulty
8 Z* Z$ Y$ B% v7 F/ SOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationto define. Sannyas is a way of living life unstructuredly. Sannyas is to
! k& b( D9 k) @) M: `' ^! U# T; O6 ~Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationhave a character which is characterless. By ';characterless'; I mean you don';t奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)8 w- r7 t4 ^4 j, c7 J3 y
depend anymore on the past. Character means the past, the way you have lived
: t) _( d5 A$ L3 k9 \aoxiu.comin the past, the way you have become habituated to living -- all your habits
/ s3 _, @; |) L$ Q1 ~2 GOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationand conditionings and beliefs and your experiences -- that';s what your
! o" T2 F: f  L% _0 @9 a( H+ w$ `Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationcharacter is. A sannyasin is one who no longer lives in the past or through
9 ^4 K- F$ b6 }Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationthe past; who lives in the moment, hence, is unpredictable.
1 d6 U( H) k" P' ?) Eaoxiu.comA man of character is predictable; a sannyasin is unpredictable because a
: J0 ]% X0 h9 G% N" v  g/ q: osannyasin is freedom. A sannyasin is not only free, he is freedom. It isaoxiu.com# a- ]* p5 W: U
living rebellion. But still, I will try: a few hints can be given, not exact
" |' M3 Z0 `* ?7 E0 X/ VOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationdefinitions, a few indications, fingers pointing to the moon. Don';t getaoxiu.com" O/ F- W' ^$ B8 I2 {! k# [
caught with the fingers. The fingers don';t define the moon, they onlyOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation% j, U0 W1 J# k6 j. |% I
indicate. The fingers have nothing to do with the moon. They may be long,奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)! e/ H1 I0 G2 r* ?0 B
they may be short, they may be artistic, they may be ugly, they may be( o9 i+ G: L  w0 b. N% v
white, they may be black, they may be healthy, they may be ill -- thatOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation& `7 G. S+ ]2 Y" X
doesn';t matter. They simply indicate. Forget the finger and look at the
7 ?8 Z& S% @* P5 w6 U& ~$ Maoxiu.commoon.
  o) b! ~' c# L; [5 o' iOshoWhat I am going to give is not a definition; that is not possible in this
" z7 L, ^3 v3 E! y+ rcase. And, in fact, definition is never possible about anything that is
9 [. c# L7 ~  ?& a2 a* t9 h9 @Oshoalive. Definition is possible only about something which is dead, whichOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation% i5 _6 \8 W% r
grows no more, which blooms no more, which has no more possibility,
* f& B9 {8 C( k( k: H! Zpotentiality, which is exhausted and spent. Then definition is possible. You
) m/ h1 k3 b/ _9 S1 b+ F, }5 U' a8 @aoxiu.comcan define a dead man, you cannot define an alive man., e6 D! w6 \% B) I- h0 j
Life basically means that the new is still possible.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation( k. R& s' X# [3 Z: b3 L) c7 G( M
So these are not definitions. The old sannyasin has a definition, very
3 G& T" v* F9 i9 ]0 |4 Q+ A: k# {aoxiu.comclearcut; that';s why he is dead. I call my sannyas ';neo-sannyas'; for this8 B$ K2 G0 O. @8 [  f: f" B0 @
particular reason: my sannyas is an opening, a journey, a dance, a love
  h8 o: n% j4 X, B0 w' E0 b$ gaoxiu.comaffair with the unknown, a romance with existence itself, in search of anaoxiu.com; Z; E. I% M. i/ q
orgasmic relationship with the whole. And everything else has failed in theOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation/ y7 b& d6 E, n: R
world. Everything that was defined, that was clearcut, that was logical, hasOsho5 \8 c- p" c! ~5 a: H* ^
failed. Religions have failed, politics have failed, ideologies have
/ d7 J) T8 P  X! }% {8 Ofailed -- and they were very clearcut. They were blueprints for the future
; B0 G, E$ A: B1 Pof man. They have all failed. All programs have failed.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation. x# ]( x3 q- I* R9 Q+ A
Sannyas is not a program anymore. It is exploration, not a program. When youOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation% Y. n! v# t$ ~" h& m: Z, z
become a sannyasin I initiate you into freedom, and into nothing else. It isaoxiu.com, Z; {- ^9 S: O! H9 k8 d
great responsibility to be free, because then you have nothing to lean upon.
% K7 ]; X$ \6 xOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationExcept your own inner being, your own consciousness, you have nothing as a
) S: X* T" {/ k4 J$ G+ P奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)prop, as a support. I take all your props and supports away; I leave you奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)* V2 ~, ?) U8 \! e0 C, ~& u# [
alone, I leave you utterly alone. In that aloneness... the flower of
* a* ~/ E4 g; H2 u奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)sannyas. That aloneness blooms on its own accord into the flower of sannyas.
: |) y/ U( j) B9 C: C奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)Sannyas is characterlessness. It has no morality; it is not immoral, it isOsho8 e7 H6 O% Y9 F* p
amoral. Or, it has a higher morality that never comes from the outside but奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)8 ]0 h! Y* A+ w4 K& {. V. H
comes from within. It does not allow any imposition from the outside,Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation6 i1 M. Z3 z9 X8 ^* ^0 U0 f, Q( A- D
because all impositions from the outside convert you into serfs, into
0 \  f# Q5 [0 m+ N& p7 L奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)slaves. And my effort is to give you dignity, glory. My effort here is toOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation( w" y' G1 s0 s9 P
give you splendor.
( D9 z7 N; O4 ^+ aOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationAll other efforts have failed. It was inevitable, because the failure wasOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation3 G, i1 `% c0 Q5 M# Z+ ^5 V) M7 b
built-in. They were all structure-oriented, and every kind of structure
1 R+ x: C: {% |奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)becomes heavy on the heart of man, sooner or later. Every structure becomesaoxiu.com' d, I6 O- F2 W8 g3 `  l
a prison, and one day or other you have to rebel against it. Have you not
- O$ z+ Q7 p& s6 fOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationobserved it down through history? -- each revolution in its own turn becomesOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation) n- s' k! G. G
repressive. In Russia it happened, in China it happened. After every
" w. Y& ]- ~# qrevolution, the revolutionary becomes antirevolutionary. Once he comes into
3 T3 K+ v8 I8 Q* V. QOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationpower he has his own structure to impose upon the society. And once heOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation: P4 r" d# f7 g! _: y, H# r' @
starts imposing his structure, slavery changes into a new kind of slavery,Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation( c) \, e7 u4 e+ M8 n
but never into freedom. All revolutions have failed.4 ?' z! d; P; D) d& n4 X. e% B3 f
This is not revolution, this is rebellion. Revolution is social, collective;aoxiu.com1 F5 ~+ _/ S4 H/ [) H1 y. B  t; m3 k% w% h# q
rebellion is individual. We are not interested in giving any structure to  W, G0 H0 d" b3 G& J/ ]
the society. Enough of the structures! Let all structures go. We want3 Q0 `3 `& J" Y+ n
individuals in the world -- moving freely, moving consciously, of course.
( g  l$ W8 Q/ A) X7 qaoxiu.comAnd their responsibility comes through their own consciousness. They behave
" h0 r4 p! Y+ Y4 {Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationrightly not because they are trying to follow certain commandments; theyaoxiu.com3 y6 R& j4 A* ^# M
behave rightly, they behave accurately, because they care.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation4 \/ L1 r% Y5 [# k
Do you know, this word accurate comes from care. The word accurate in its
' j0 a* F8 j; uOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationroot means to care about. When you care about something you are accurate. IfOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation' \' v7 o  B( k# o% h* V# \& M3 k
you care about somebody, you are accurate in your relationhip.
9 ]* v. J) o" ^OshoA sannyasin is one who cares about himself, and naturally cares about, I- J  b* [  h2 H- A3 ?
everybody else -- because you cannot be happy alone. You can only be happy
  E) ]: \/ v- t& Z! p' QOshoin a happy world, in a happy climate. If everybody is crying and weeping and
% M8 I+ ?/ [$ \+ b$ f9 k+ }4 _aoxiu.comis in misery, it is very, very difficult for you to be happy. So one whoOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation' N( y# O, ?) ]0 ]5 w8 w" _+ T
cares about happiness -- about his own happiness -- becomes careful about
( _; \' ?: `; K' S3 z) a奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)everybody else';s happiness, because happiness happens only in a happy
% W* d! w1 w, ]9 Q& NOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationclimate. But this care is not because of any dogma. It is there because you
' E2 k' M8 B% T" d2 oOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditationlove, and the first love, naturally, is the love for yourself. Then otherOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation5 b: C+ z: ^( `' s
loves follow.aoxiu.com; x' M* Y4 x: i% r4 o
Other efforts have failed because they were mind-oriented. They were based奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)8 e4 D& }% e9 g
in the thinking process, they were conclusions of the mind. Sannyas is not a奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)* j, t) |* D" U* ~' x2 X+ G( e6 j' E
conclusion of the mind. Sannyas is not thought-oriented; it has no roots in奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)9 D6 P: \' s* A' s7 w5 H' c
thinking. Sannyas is insightfulness; it is meditation, not mind. It is& K# J( ~$ r: E/ [+ f
rooted in joy, not in thought. It is rooted in celebration, not in thinking.
8 P4 n8 \# _1 x* ]$ p* g奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)It is rooted in that awareness where thoughts are not found. It is not a
" N/ E( I% L( S4 K7 f! |奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)choice: it is not a choice between two thoughts, it is the dropping of all
% s: S! U5 t4 o, f2 I; ?( C" k2 Othoughts. It is living out of nothingness.
: Z; U% z$ T! C) faoxiu.comThe Heart SutraOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation0 T+ {7 Z8 e0 q. E/ P% V8 O1 C; u
#10, Sannyas: Entering the Streamaoxiu.com4 |0 c. F0 d$ q* G' i" G4 E, f, ?
Q-1
% q! {/ ]9 K6 w  x  `Osho