Living Without Fear

Living Without Fear     Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation5 O' d' l6 I) x0 \
  8 ]( B. y; E: P0 y4 K# O7 ~
    I feel an armor around me that keeps me from coming closer to people. I don? know where it is coming from. How to have it melt away?
- O5 }3 y" }5 R2 A1 I" a, f) E奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)   Osho6 l) _5 Q- h$ V* M1 D7 p* V; U
  Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation; u# U: ]3 k3 X( T5 b1 Y0 s
    Everybody has that kind of armor.
5 K) c/ J( Q: D) ~& yaoxiu.comThere are reasons for it. First, the child is born so utterly helpless into a world he knows nothing of. Naturally he is afraid of the unknown that faces him. He has not yet forgotten those nine months of absolute security, safety, when there was no problem, no responsibility, no worry about tomorrow.
( ~) R4 j4 F  L: \OshoTo us those are nine months but to the child it is eternity. He knows nothing of the calendar; he knows nothing of minutes, hours, days, months. He has lived an eternity in absolute safety and security, without any responsibility, and then suddenly he is thrown into a world unknown, where he is dependent for everything on others. It is natural that he will feel afraid. Everybody is bigger and more powerful, and he cannot live without the help of others. He knows he is dependent; he has lost his independence, his freedom. Small incidents may give him some taste of the reality he is going to face in the future.4 G2 {7 G5 \1 C7 ]* Q$ a
Napoleon Bonaparte was defeated by Nelson, but in fact the credit should not go to Nelson. Napoleon Bonaparte was defeated by a small incident in his childhood. Now history does not look at things in this way, but to me it is absolutely clear.
( U, T2 q% K+ [( w8 Z# Y  k奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)When he was just six months old, a wild cat jumped on him. The maidservant who was looking after him had gone for something in the house; he was in the garden in the early morning sun and the fresh air, lying down, and the wild cat jumped on him. It didn? harm him ?perhaps it was just being playful ?but to the child? mind it was almost death. Since then, he was not afraid of tigers or lions; he could have fought a lion without any arms, with no fear. But a cat? That was a different affair. He was absolutely helpless. Seeing a cat he was almost frozen; he became again a six-month-old small child, with no defense, with no capacities to fight. In those small child? eyes that cat must have looked very big; it was a wild cat. The cat may have looked into the eyes of the child.奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love): ?2 {& l$ `& p8 Q3 r% G
Something in his psyche became so impressed by the incident that Nelson exploited it. Nelson was no comparison to Napoleon, and Napoleon was never defeated in his life; this was his first and last defeat. He would not have been defeated, but Nelson had brought seventy cats at the front of the army.
8 c5 d! G& D1 y+ l" m# G8 W; g  F9 aOshoThe moment Napoleon saw those seventy wild cats his mind stopped functioning. His generals could not understand what had happened. He was no longer the same great warrior; he was almost frozen with fear, trembling. He had never allowed any of his generals to arrange the army, but today he said, with tears in his eyes, ? am incapable of thinking ?you organize the army. I will be here but I am incapable of fighting. Something has gone wrong for me.?br>Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation# i; ?  C" M" Z- g. v3 i
He was removed, but without Napoleon his army was not capable of fighting Nelson, and seeing the situation of Napoleon, everybody in his army became a little afraid: something very strange was happening.2 k* \4 B8 D0 \+ A+ |
A child is weak, vulnerable, insecure. Autonomously he starts creating an armor, a protection, in different ways. For example, he has to sleep alone. It is dark and he is afraid, but he has his teddy bear, and he believes that he is not alone; his friend is with him. You will see children dragging their teddy bears at airports, at railway stations. Do you think it is just a toy? To you it is, but to the child it is a friend. And a friend when nobody else is helpful ?in the darkness of the night, alone in the bed, still he is with him. He will create psychological teddy bears.奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)1 V2 o' y% O" t* [: k& ^4 P, j
It is to be reminded to you that although a grown-up man may think that he has no teddy bears, he is wrong. What is his God? Just a teddy bear. Out of his childhood fear, man has created a father figure who knows all, who is all-powerful, who is everywhere present; if you have enough faith in him he will protect you. But the very idea of protection, the very idea that a protector is needed, is childish. Then you learn prayer; these are just parts of your psychological armor. Prayer is to remind God that you are here, alone in the night.aoxiu.com/ f! E/ O1 Q+ i& l! @9 T
In my childhood I was always wondering.... I loved the river, which was just close by, just a two-minutes?walk from my house. Hundreds of people used to take a bath there and I was always wondering.... In summer when they take a dip in the river they don? repeat the name of God He will create psychological teddy bears ?are Krishna, Hare Rama?He will create psychological teddy bears no. But in the cold winter they repeat, ?are Krishna, Hare Rama.?They take a quick dip, repeating, ?are Krishna, Hare Rama.?br>奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love); R# G( x. t3 q2 u
I was wondering, does the season make a difference? I used to ask my parents, ?f these are devotees of ?are Krishna, Hare Rama,?then summer is as good as winter.?br>aoxiu.com# C4 z6 r2 K  k( S8 r! y
But I don? think that it is God or prayer or religion; it is simply the cold! They are creating an armor with ?are Krishna, Hare Rama.?They are diverting their minds. It is too cold, and a diversion is needed ?and it helps. In summer there is no need; they simply forget all about what they have been doing the whole winter.
0 u! Q: j$ N" o( oOur prayers, our chantings, our mantras, our scriptures, our gods, our priests, are all part of our psychological armor. It is very subtle. A Christian believes that he will be saved ?nobody else. Now that is his defense arrangement. Everybody is going to fall into hell except him, because he is a Christian. But every religion believes in the same way that only they will be saved.3 f: G, N; G7 s
It is not a question of religion. It is a question of fear and being saved from fear, so it is natural in a way. But at a certain point of your maturity, intelligence demands that it should be dropped. It was good when you were a child, but one day you have to leave your teddy bear, just the same as one day you have to leave your God, just the same as one day you have to leave your Christianity, your Hinduism. Finally, the day you drop all your armor means you have dropped living out of fear.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation- a) @" `( R  S* [8 c3 F, X
And what kind of living can be out of fear? Once the armor is dropped you can live out of love, you can live in a mature way. The fully matured man has no fear, no defense; he is psychologically completely open and vulnerable.
- Q8 P# I1 N! J! }% U; Taoxiu.comAt one point the armor may be a necessity...perhaps it is. But as you grow, if you are not only growing old but also growing up, growing in maturity, then you will start seeing what you are carrying with you. Why do you believe in God? One day you have to see for yourself that you have not seen God, you haven? had any contact with God, and to believe in God is to live a lie: you are not being sincere.奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)/ o. b# g/ v, {' g% `: K
What kind of religion can there be when there is no sincerity, no authenticity? You cannot even give reasons for your beliefs, and still you go on clinging to them.
: r4 U* ^  N7 N; F  ~) K0 _% L0 Daoxiu.comLook closely and you will find fear behind them.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation6 ~8 S7 X. Y# s/ \
A mature person should disconnect himself from anything that is connected with fear. That? how maturity comes.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation* E! G* P5 _" |! J
Just watch all your acts, all your beliefs, and find out whether they are based in reality, in experience, or based in fear. And anything based in fear has to be dropped immediately, without a second thought. It is your armor. I cannot melt it. I can simply show you how you can drop it.
, M4 e( F% E6 JWe go on living out of fear ?that? why we go on poisoning every other experience. We love somebody, but out of fear: it spoils, it poisons. We seek truth, but if the search is out of fear then you are not going to find it.奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)0 F0 E, j6 r$ V: U4 h, S
Whatever you do, remember one thing: Out of fear you are not going to grow. You will only shrink and die. Fear is in the service of death.Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation2 Y; C% Z1 E) T
Mahavira is right: he makes fearlessness a fundamental of a fearless person. And I can understand what he means by fearlessness. He means dropping all armor. A fearless person has everything that life wants to give to you as a gift. Now there is no barrier. You will be showered with gifts, and whatever you do you will have a strength, a power, a certainty, a tremendous feeling of authority.
! U" D1 S- p! [3 T# U1 i- ZOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationA man living out of fear is always trembling inside. He is continuously on the point of going insane, because life is big, and if you are continuously in fear.... And there is every kind of fear. You can make a big list, and you will be surprised how many fears are there ?and you are still alive! There are infections all around, diseases, dangers, kidnapping, terrorists...and such a small life. And finally there is death, which you cannot avoid. Your whole life will become dark.
) b! j7 F/ R0 r! T5 v8 T奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)Drop the fear! The fear was taken up by you in your childhood unconsciously; now consciously drop it and be mature. And then life can be a light which goes on deepening as you go on growing.& `& E. u& _+ q  x9 y* ~

" H& f7 W* J$ D/ t7 W2 _+ D/ YOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation   
. w+ W, a/ D: P+ ?0 o9 }9 Faoxiu.comBeyond Psychology  aoxiu.com: f- n* A, p& K. j; p% S

Living Without Fear

无惧的去生活aoxiu.com. P' m) P* x. l/ d
我觉得自己裹着一副盔甲,让我无法和人们接近。我不知道它是怎么来的。怎么才能让它消失?
* b. |+ F9 H0 Y( H+ pOsho每个人都有那样一副盔甲。
/ f% R: f& l7 [- A1 U+ T( haoxiu.com这是有原因的。首先,当一个孩子出世时,他对这个世界一无所知,他是完全无助的。很自然的,他害怕面对这个未知。他还没有忘记那九个月里完全的安全,什么问题都没有,没有责任,不用为明天担心。Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation; C& i" T1 T8 x% u. n0 \
对我们而言那是九个月,但对那个孩子而言那是永恒。他对日历一无所知;他也不知道什么日月、分钟和小时。他在一个永恒里,一个绝对安全,无须承担任何责任的地方呆过,可是突然间,他被投入一个完全陌生的世界,在这里任何事他都要依靠别人。他知道自己要依靠别人;他失去了他的独立性,他的自由。一些小事可以让他感觉到他未来要面对的现实。aoxiu.com8 [9 Y/ y4 U! U) |, m$ G
拿破仑被纳尔逊打败,但事实上并不是纳尔逊厉害。拿破仑是被自己小时候的一件小事打败的。现在历史已经不再这么看了,但是在我看来却是绝对的清晰。
& u( q9 z" p$ s( QOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation当他只有六个月大的时候,一只野猫扑向他。照顾他的女仆刚好离开了,到屋里去了;他在花园里,沐浴在清晨的阳光里,还有新鲜的空气,他躺在那里,而那只野猫扑向了他。它并没有伤害他,也许它只是闹着玩。但是,在那个孩子看来,他差一点就死了。从此以后,他不怕老虎或狮子;他能赤膊打到一头狮子,一点都不害怕。但是一只猫?那就是另一回事了。他是完全的无助。看见一只猫他就动不了;他又变回一个六个月大的小孩,没有自卫能力,没有战斗力。在小孩的眼里,那只猫看上去一定很大;它是一只野猫。那只猫可能注视了那个孩子的眼睛。Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation6 P- K- p+ `% U
他的精神因这件事收到了某种深刻的影响,而纳尔逊利用了这一点。纳尔逊根本没法和拿破仑比,而拿破仑一生都没有失败过;这是他第一次也是最后一次失败。要不是纳尔逊在军队前放了七十只猫,拿破仑也不会被打败。
, Y# Q3 J0 K9 f" }, ^奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love)拿破仑看到那七十只野猫的时候,他的脑子停止工作了。他的将军们不明白发生了什么。他不再是以前那个伟大的战士了;他因为恐惧几乎僵在那里,浑身发抖。他以前从没有让任何一个将军带领军队,但是今天,他眼里流着眼泪说,我没法思考了,你来率领队伍。我会呆在这,但是我没法战斗。我出问题了。3 A8 C8 ]: G5 o- P
他被带走了,但是没有拿破仑,他的军队就没法和纳尔逊打,看见拿破仑那个样子,军中的每个人都开始有点害怕了:一定有奇怪的事发生了。2 t' m/ B- s6 `- p! K
一个孩子是虚弱的,脆弱的,没有安全保障的。很自然的,他开始在制造一个盔甲,一个保护,以各种不同的方式。比如说,他不得不要自己睡觉。屋里很黑,他很害怕,不过他有他的玩具熊,而他相信自己不是孤单一人,他的朋友和他在一起。你会看到小孩们带着他们的玩具熊,在机场,火车站。你认为那只是个玩具吗?对你也许是,但对一个孩子而言,那是一个朋友。当没有人能帮忙,在黑夜的黑暗里,独自在床上时,那个朋友还会和他在一起。他会制造一个心理上的玩具熊。
0 \9 U5 m* H$ w! O; ]6 m% y
1 r1 S0 K6 Q" t4 q' X1 U" S0 S值得注意的是,即使一个成年人可能会认为自己没有玩具熊,但他错了。他的上帝是什么?就是一只玩具熊。来自他儿时的恐惧,人类创造了一个父亲的形象,他什么都知道,他是万能的,他无所不在;如果你对他足够的虔诚,他会保护你。但是那个需要保护的想法,那个需要保护者的想法,就是孩子气的。然后你学着祈祷,这些就是你心理盔甲的一部分。祈祷就是提醒上帝,你在这里,孤单的在黑夜里。
) a' ~  {- i+ P0 yOsho我小时候经常想…我爱那条河,它就在附近,从家走两分钟的就能到。成百上千的人常在那里沐浴,而我一直在想…夏天,当他们下河时他们不念神的名字,但是在寒冷的冬天,他们就会念,Krishna,Hare Rama。 我在想,季节带来什么不同吗?我曾问我的父母,如果这些人是Krishna Hare Rama的信徒,那夏天应该和冬天一样。. ]3 f! X( l( X# ?' C
但是,我不认为那是因为上帝,祈祷或是宗教信仰;那只是因为寒冷。他们只是用Krishna Hare Rama 在自己周围制造一个盔甲,他们想分散自己的注意。天太冷了,需要分散注意力,而祈祷有所帮助。在夏天就没有这个需要;他们就全然忘记了他们整个冬天都在做的事。Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation/ R" i$ L  x- I0 S' }: B
我们的祈祷,我们的念诵,我们的咒语,我们的经文,我们的神父,都是我们盔甲的一部分。这很微妙。一个基督徒相信,只有他自己能被拯救。现在,那就是他自卫的措施。每个人都会去地狱,只有他自己例外,因为他是一个基督徒。但是每个宗教都相信只有自己会被拯救。aoxiu.com: I/ J% u8 Q$ J: ^$ T9 y: O5 q! W8 R
这不是一个宗教问题。这是一个恐惧与从恐惧中得到解脱的问题,所以某种角度说,这很自然。但是当你成熟到一个点时,智慧会要求你放下它。也许当你是个孩子的时候有个玩具熊是好的,但是有一天你不得不要离开它,就象有一天你必须要离开你的上帝一样,就象有一天你要离开你的基督教,你的印度教一样。最后,当你解除你的盔甲的时候,那意味着你已经放下了生活在恐惧中。
& h2 g3 T1 V7 W: _6 T2 d2 bOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation生活在恐惧中会是怎样的啊?一旦你解除了盔甲,你就能生活在爱里,你会以一种成熟的方式生活。完全成熟的人是没有恐惧,没有防御的;他的心理是完全开放的,敞开的。Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation# F5 g, X+ ?# e& A
在某个时候,也许盔甲是必要的…也许是的。但是当你成长,如果你不仅是年龄变大,而是也会成长,变得成熟的话,那么你会开始发现你都有些什么。为什么你会信上帝?一天你自己将会发现,你没见过上帝,你与上帝没有过任何联系,而相信上帝等于活在谎言里:你并不真诚。
0 c$ R" O+ A$ mOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation如果没有真诚和真实,又何言宗教信仰?你甚至不能说出为什么你有那些信仰,而你仍然坚持相信他们。
! F6 D. u- K; M; n6 P仔细的看看,你会发现他们后面的恐惧。
5 r$ M6 H  o0 Z0 t$ nOsho一个成熟的人会放弃一切与恐惧相联系的东西,那正是成熟怎么来的。aoxiu.com  X( [, `) y8 }: @9 D4 ^& @5 C+ y
看看你们都做了什么,你们所有的信仰,看看他们是否建立在真实和经验的基础上,还是建立在恐惧上。而任何建立在恐惧基础上的东西都应该立即被放下,想都不要多想。那是你的盔甲。我没法消除它。我只能告诉你怎么放下它。奥修(OSHO)中文社区(Meditation,Love); {7 @  \- J$ ^" P
我们一直生活在恐惧中,那就是为什么我们不断的毒害其他的每个生活经验。我们爱某个人,但是来源于恐惧。它将会破坏,会毒害。我们找寻真理,但如果那个寻找来源于恐惧,那么你将找不到它。
9 k' c# N: u# T/ R不论你做什么,记住一件事:在恐惧中,你将无法成长。你只会老化,死掉。恐惧是为死亡服务的。
; H5 `$ \. Y2 o( R2 JOsho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,MeditationMahavira是对的:他把无惧作为一个无惧的人的根本条件。 我明白他所谓的无惧是什么意思。他是指放下盔甲。一个无惧的人拥有一切生活想给他的祝福。现在没有障碍了。你将沐浴在祝福里,而且不论你做什么,你都会有一种力量,一种能量,一种确定,一种强大的主宰的感觉。
4 ~. H$ o! A! U一个生活在恐惧中的人内在一直在发抖。他一直处在崩溃的边缘,因为生活是这么的大,而如果你一直在恐惧中…那将会有各种各样的恐惧。你可以列出一张大表,你将会惊讶竟有这么多,而你竟然活了下来!周围有传染,疾病,危险,绑架,恐怖分子…而生命这么短暂。而最后是死亡,你没法躲避。你的整个生命将会是灰暗的。
: Y/ [' ^: ?# k. w+ W' O3 d! COsho放下恐惧!恐惧是你儿时无意识的拿起的;现在有意识的放下它,变得成熟。然后,生活会变得轻松,随着你的成长将会越来越轻松。aoxiu.com. T9 Y, A/ d- h8 R- }" _
Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation' W' V7 ?. B. ~4 B3 |8 V, n1 S
超越心理  Osho,奥修,静心,爱的艺术,Meditation0 \, ~4 Y" W: s; s' R0 n